Since I had some vacation time from work (and because I was officially one year overdue on giving Tortie her gift), I spent a few hours this weekend on her quilt. It was amazing how quickly it went together once I'd decided exactly how I was arranging the squares.
After sewing the first row of blocks together, I soon realized I had made the pattern WAY TOO BIG. Yes, all those years of math really DIDN'T pay off! I ended up removing a square from each end. Now, it's an overly large king quilt. I think it'll shrink up some once I was it - all the squares are 100% cotton.
Now, I've gotta start the fraying. This is the hard part as Amelia is fascinated by scissors and I must ensure she's not around when I'm fraying - if she is around, she tries pouncing on the scissors.
The best part of all of this - I have extra blocks. So, I keep posing Miss Mia with them and sending them to Tortie. She thinks I'm still cutting blocks for the quilt! HEHEHE. I cannot wait to surprise her!
No comments:
Post a Comment