13 April 2009

Various Thoughts to Toss Out There

1. I was told today I was a bad Mommy due to the Easter Bunny not giving Miss Mia chocolate in her Easter Basket. One - she's 9 months, she is barely eating food, why would I start feeding her sugars and caffeine already?

2. I loved my detail last week, but I am very glad to be away from the pregnancy-laden office! Being in a pod with three other people, all of whom were pregnant, was hard. Again, I am so, so happy with my blessing I do have, but when I'm having so many issues with my body and feeling as though it continues to fail me, seeing pregnant women just seems to really bring me down.

3. Back to the bad Mommy thing. We were talking about vacations, and needing time away from our children the other day at lunch. I said I had never left Amelia overnight somewhere - people who had kids the same age as Miss Mia were making me feel like a clingy Momma as they had all left their kids with grandparents, aunts, etc. Finally, Georgie stood up and said she hasn't been away from her son overnight - and he's 9. So, she made me feel good.
But, this got me to thinking. Why the heck should I feel guilty that I love my daughter and want to share the joys and sorrows of life with her? I know, as she grows older, there will be times that I'll do adult-only activities, and she'll stay with Gramma, but it just really got me that some of my friends and co-workers seem so eager for an excuse to get away from their kids (and this includes a co-workers whose child is same age as Miss Mia and is also an only child as is Miss Mia). I do dinners with the gals - and Miss Mia hangs out with Daddy or Gramma. Maybe I'm weird to think that family is important and that I should embrace reasons for me to hang out with my Miss Mia. Hmmmmm.

Okay, bad clingy, non-chocolate giving Mommy's hubby is home. Gonna give him a hug and eat the chocolate that didn't go in Miss Mia's Easter Basket ;)

2 comments:

  1. If I could bold this I would... YOU ARE NOT A BAD MOMMY! Sadly, most people are so swept up in the world's view of children being burdens instead of blessings, that they miss the most precious moments with their little ones! They grow up in the blink of an EYE! These same women, mark my words, will one day be the same ones woefully regretting missed opportunities and have 'empty nest syndrome' to the Nth degree... I have five beautiful blessings nad will take as many as God wants to give me. I breast feed and do not, have not and will not pump just so I can escape my children! SO you can add one more to your list! I also have my babies in bed with me. I have a co-sleeper, but I enjoy my sleep and they are warmer beside me. So humph on the ones who call you clingy! SPOIL that baby ROTTEN because she is only little once... and tell your 'friends' to shut their cakeholes. ;) Oh and the chocolate thing? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do they even KNOW how bad that is for a baby? Hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your support! It's amazing how low people can bring you - especially when they're trying to "show" you the error of your ways. HA!

    I am going to keep giving Miss Mia my lovins and planning my vacations and trips to benefit her (as well as me)!

    :)

    ReplyDelete